Saturday 10 January 2015

New Work


Here is something I have been working on for a while. Its a bit of an experiment really that combines two ideas, the first of which came about in the summer when I was photographing some of my paintings and had a pile of them laid out on the floor. The top one happened to be full of holes which meant the colours of the painting underneath were revealed through the openings. It looked great so I thought why not make a painting deliberately this way?

The other idea is something I have had in the back of my mind for ages which is to make a work painted on both sides, designed to be hung facing either way.

Combining both these ideas has resulted in a piece that can actually be displayed in four different ways - here are all the permutations;

Yellow over Green

white(ish) over green

Yellow over turquoise

White(ish) over turquoise

Four paintings for the price of one!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment